- Migration of content from other software (e.g. Calm) using Max’s Crosswalker utility
- Annual report detailing what has been digitally preserved and when. This report also includes a risk analysis for file format obsolescence and the mitigating actions that have been taken
- ISO9001 for Quality Management Systems
- Assessment of digital content
- Migration of content from other software (e.g. Calm)
- Ingestion and validation of content
- Organisation and cataloguing of content
- Storage on LTO tapes and third-party online services e.g. AWS, MS Azure
- Creation of digitally preserved Submission Information Packages (SIPs), Archival Information Packages (AIPs) and Dissemination Information Packages (DIPs) using Archivematica
- Deployment of a fully hosted and managed service, including AtoM for access and retrieval
- Full local training and same / next business day support by telephone, ticketing system or email with no call handlers
- Flexibility and Customisation - we customise Soteria to suit your needs
- Flexible tiered pricing model (entry, intermediate, advanced) to suit all budgets and collections
- Industry standards compliant
- Customer-lead development
- No vendor lock-in
- No licence restrictions
- User community engagement
- Customer-centric contracts
Archivematica is a web-and-standards-based, open-source application which allows your institution to preserve long-term access tyo trustworthy, authentic and reliable digital content.
- Creates an AIP (Archival Information Package) from the material ingested.
- Captures technical and perservation metadata in PREMIS in a METS file always saves the original files.
- Normalises (migrates) to preservation-friendly file formats when desired / possible.
- Combines automation with (optional) human intervention.
Cloud Server Security
DRYAD & SOTERIA are protected by our Cloud Server Security features as shown below.
- SSL and HTTPS Protection
- Two-factor admin password authentication (backend)
- SSH Key Protection
- PHP & NGINX Security Protection
- Cloud Panel Firewall Protection
- DDOS Attack Protection
- SQL Injection Protection
Architecture and Infrastructure
- API LAYER: Web interface (NGINX)
- APPLICATION LAYER: Archivematica Application Server (PHP, Python and Django)
- Elastic Search
- DATABASE LAYER: Archivematica Database
DATA BACKUP AND REDUNDANCY
- VIRTUAL DISK BACKUP: Archivematica, AtoM
- CLOUD SERVER (PRODUCTION): Archivematica, AtoM, 1&1 IONOS
- AIPs (Archival Information Packages)
- CLOUD STORAGE / DIGITAL PRESERVATION: Choice of cloud storage suppliers
Physical Storage For Archives
Secure and safe
The facility has 24-hour CCTV, fully monitored alarms systems, secure gated & access control and 24 hour perimeter security. Fully up to date pest and environmental policies are in place and continuously monitored.
Based in Woolwich, South-East London, our storage facility is conveniently located for the capital’s archives. Transport links and parking facilities are excellent: Docklands Light Railway, London mainline station, car (extensive parking available), river bus or Cross Rail (completion 2021).
Unlike many other companies we follow a zonal storage policy. This means that an entire archive will be stored in the same area rather than dispersed around the building.
Where specific environmental controls are required, bespoke zonal areas can be created. We have built these secure, temperature controlled pods for a number of clients already.
Same day retrieval
Our fully-staffed locations mean that customers are able to retrieve material quickly, efficiently and at short notice.
Flexible & scalable space
We offer the flexibility to allow staff to work at the storage facility on the archive. This includes the provision of reading rooms or working spaces (e.g. for conservators or teams of indexers).
Excellent customer service
Professional and friendly staff, responsive and effective support from a named account manager, and a positive approach to change management and problem-solving.
- Business as usual telephone & telephone support – 9–5 Monday – Friday
- An email response confirming proposed actions within 30 minutes of a client logging a query
- Weekly progress calls during development, UAT and implementation phases
- Monthly review calls
- Quarterly board meeting to review progress and to brief the client team on any possible changes, improvements, planned upgrades or threats. o Part of Max’s role is to advise the clients of any changes to legislation around data storage and access
- Systems upgrades and support
- Storage expansion. Both options 1 and 2 are fully scalable; there are no limits to storage. Storage expansion can be based on incremental charges.
- ISO27001 for Information Security Systems
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus
To receive further information, or to request a meeting, please complete the enquiry form on our Contact Us page